Most everyone wants to have a clean home that looks great everyday. However, unless you have countless hours that you can spend cleaning, it is going to be a little difficult.
Thankfully, there are 5 quick cleaning tips that everyone should know:
- Don’t take on more than you have time to finish. Instead, use your cleaning time to work smart. Rather than picking everything up off of your kitchen counter to clean it, pick up one thing at a time. This will help you to get the job done quickly and you won’t feel so overwhelmed.
- Clean one room a day. If you mark it on your calendar, Mondays kitchen, Tuesdays bathroom, Wednesdays living room, Thursdays bedrooms, Fridays vacuum the entire house. This will also include sweeping the kitchen floor. This way, you are only spending a few minutes a day keeping your home clean. When you have the unexpected visitors, you know for certain that your home is going to look great. After all, each room was cleaned less than a week ago.
- Do a load of laundry each and every day. This may seem like a lot of work. However, it will be worth it when you never have a pile of laundry waiting for you. You may even consider assigning laundry duties to one of the kids. If you prefer, have them do their own laundry as one of their chores. This will cut back on a lot of work for you.
- Keep your dishes clean. You may have to do dishes three or four times a day. However, it’s easier to tackle a half have a sink full of dishes then it is to think about doing dishes that have been sitting there all day. If you do a little at a time, things will not be so overwhelming.
- Keep a basket by your front door for things that somehow end up in the living room. For example, your kids coats and shoes automatically come off when they come inside. If everybody knows to put them in the basket, they will not be piled all over the place. Of course, you will have a basket full of junk in your living room. However, it’s better than having a pile of junk on the floor.
The most important thing that you can do when it comes to cleaning your home is to stay on top of it. Pick up after yourself and take out the trash when it needs to go. It’s amazing how much better you will feel even after emptying the trash can. If something is spilled on the kitchen floor, wipe it up right away. Hopefully, small wipes will prevent a half-hour of mopping the floor.
We all have busy lives and we don’t have a lot of time to spend cleaning our homes. Many people prefer to hire a cleaning service to come in and do the work for them. This is definitely an option. However, if you are willing to put forth 20 minutes a day, you can have a clean home that is always going to be inviting to anyone who stops by. Now, get your cleaning supplies and get ready to shine.
This article was written by Lewis McKendry, who is the primary writer for www.buyhomeinsurance.net, which concentrates on home insurance rates.